In the questions asked from this chapter, a group of some elements will be given and also some diagrams will be given below. According to the question students have to find out the diagram, which classify the given group correctly or illustrates the relation between them.
1. An object is called a subset of another object, if former is a part of latter. This relation is shown by two concentric circle.
2. An object is said to have an interaction with another object when two objects share something in common. This relation can be shown by two circles having some common part.
3. Two objects are said to disjoint when neither one is subset of another nor share anything in common. This relation can be shown by two cirlce having no common part.
Main Motive of asking questions from this topic is to examine the capability of student to interprete the diagram by understanding the classes.
Different Venn Diagrams:
1. Items belong to different group having relation to each other.
Example: Flower, Car, Book
2. One item belongs to the class of second item & second item belongs to the class of third.
Example: Second, Minute, Hours
3. Two separate items belong to the third item.
Example: Table, Chair, Furniture
4. Two items belong to third item but some part of two item are common.
Example: Male, Brother, Father
5. Two items belong partly interdependent with each other.
Example: Dogs, Pets, Cats
1. Which of the following diagrams indicates the best relation between Doctor, Male, Actor ?
Answer: Option A
A-> Doctor, B-> Male, C->Actor. Doctor can be both male & female, similarly Actor can be both male & female
2. Which of the following diagrams indicates the best relation between Rose, Flower, Lotus ?
Answer: Option B
A->Rose , B->Flower, C->Lotus. Both Rose & Lotus are flowers