Questions Asked from this Chapter:
Question Type 1: Pie-Chart Based
The Pie-chart given here shows the spending's of a country on various sports during a particular year.
Study the Pie-Chart carefully and answer the questions given below it.
1. What percentage of total spending is spent on Tennis?
A.10.25% B.15.50% C.12.50% D.17.50% E.25.50%
2. How much percent more is spent on Hockey than that of Golf?
A.10.50% B.7.50% C.3.50% D.5.50% E.6.50%
3. If the total amount spent on sports during the year is Rs. 3600000, then the total amount spent on Golf and Tennis together?
A.810 B.8100 C.81000 D.810000 E.None of these
4. If the total amount spent on sports is Rs. 360000, then how much is being spent on Cricket?
A.63000 B.75000 C.81000 D.95000 E.98000
5. If the total amount spent on sports is 360000, then what is the difference between amount spent on Cricket and Hockey?
A.8000 B.12000 C.15000 D.18000 E.21000
Question Type 2: Line Graph Based
Directons: The graph given here shows a car following the linear path with uniform speed. Study the graph and answer the questions.
1. The speed of the car is
(a) 12 km/hr (b) 6 km/hr (c) 18 km/hr (d) 24 km/hr
(b) The car covers 6 km in 1 hour. So Speed = 6 kmph
2. The speed of the car in metres per minute is
(a) 60 (b) 100 (c) 600 (d) 1000
(b) Speed = 6 kmph
= 100 m/min.
3. The distance travelled by the car in 4.5 hours is
(a) 27 km (b) 30 km (c) 36 km (d) 40 km
(a) Required distance = Speed × Time
= 6 × 4.5
= 27 km
Question Type 3: Simple Bar Diagram Based
The bar graph shows the marks obtained by a student in an examination out of 100 marks in each subject. Study the diagram and answer the questions.
1. The ratio of the marks of Maths and History is:
a) 6:5 b) 8:5 c) 3:4 d) 4:3
2. The average marks of Hindi and English is:
a) 65 b) 50 c) 55 d) 60
Question Type 4: Horizontal and Divide Bar Diagram Based
The subdivided bar diagram given below depicts High School Students of a school for 3 years. Study the diagram and answer the questions.
1. The percentage passed in 1st division in 2008 was:
a) 27% b) 32% c) 15+(3/8)% d) 11+(13/17)%
2. The pass percentage in 2008 was:
a) 67% b) 73% c) 79+(2/3)% d) 82+(6/17)%
3. In which year the school had the best result for High School in respect of percentage of pass candidates?
a) 2008 b) 2009 c) 2010 d) The percentage of pass candidates are same for the three years
4. The number of students passed in 3rd division in the year 2008 was:
a) 50 b) 60 c) 70 d) 80
5. The percentage of the students passed in 2nd division in the year 2010 was:
a) 30% b) 40% c) 50% d) 60%
Question Type 5: Multi Bar Diagram Based
Study the Bar Diagram Carefully and answer questions based on it. The diagram shows the difference between result of boys and girls in different standards. In this diagram "Black" bar represents girls while the lined bar represents the boys.
1. In which standard the difference between result of Boys and Girls is maximum.
A.V B.VII C.X D.VIII E.None of these
2. In which standard is the result of boys less than the average result of the girls?
A.VII B.IX C.VI D.VIII E.V
3. In which pair of standards are the result of boys and girls is in inverse proportion?
A.V and X B.V and VI C.VI and VIII D.V and IX E.VI and IX
4. In which standard is the result of the girls more than the average result of the boys for the school?
A.IX B.VIII C.VI D.X E.None of these
5- In which standard the failure of the girls is lowest?
A.X B.VII C.VIII D.V E.None of these
Question Type 6: Histogram Based
The histogram shows the heights of 21 students in a class, grouped into 5-inch groups.
How many students were greater than or equal to 60 inches tall?
a)21 b)17 c)11 d)6
How many students were greater than or equal to 55 inches tall but less than 70 inches tall?
a) 13 b) 15 c) 16 d) 17
Question Type 7: Table Based
Study the following table and answer the following questions:
1. Number of boys in arts stream in year 2004 is what percentage of total number of boys for all years together in Arts stream.
2. What is the ratio of total number of boys to the number of girls, taking all the streams together, for year 2005?
3. What is the average number of girls from commerce stream for the given years?